Dreams of teeth falling out, rotting, or crumbling are some of the most common dreams. In Greek culture, teeth dreams indicate that someone in your family or someone close to you will get sick or die. In Chinese culture, these dreams indicate that you are lying or being deceitful. Even in scriptures there has been an interpretation that teeth dreams indicate the person is losing their faith in God.
In Jungian analytical psychology, this type of dream is seen as a sign of renewal and rebirth. Women who are experiencing menopause frequently have them. Listed below are some additional interpretations and meanings that teeth dreams may represent.
1. Fear of getting older
2. Deterioration of looks
3. Lack of self-confidence
4. Lack of control in your relationships
5. Fear of job loss
6. Worries and anxieties in waking life
7. Pulled into something you do not want or wish to do
8. Fear of embarrassment or making a fool of yourself
9. Fear of how people perceive you
10. Giving in to an unfair deal
11. Sexual dysfunction
12. Fear of abandonment or a break up in a relationship
These dreams may be an indicator of situations going on in our lives that we are powerless over. However, we can take positive steps to make the appropriate adjustments and changes to our current circumstances. Don’t fret too much over teeth dreams, they might just be triggered by a simple toothache!
To find out more about dreams and their meanings,
visit the Dreaming Room.