Finding the perfect home, either to rent or to buy, can be a time-consuming and stressful process, i.e., searching for the right location, inspecting the home for hidden problems, testing the systems and appliances, as well as making sure you can afford the cost.
Just when you thought you had covered all of your bases, did you research whether anyone died in the house, if the property had been a crime scene or if the current or previous occupants experienced any paranormal activity there? Is the seller’s reason for putting the home on the market because it is haunted? In fact, a website has been launched that provides information for home buyers on whether someone has died in their home (www.diedinhouse.com).
In the majority of states, sellers and realtors do NOT have a legal obligation to disclose a murder/crime scene, suicide or death associated with a property for sale. In California, no death disclosure is required if the death occurred more than three years before the sale date. However, if a buyer asks about a death, the law does require its disclosure, no matter when it occurred. Many brokerage firms have supplemental disclosure forms that specifically address death associated with a property. Also, some states go as far as requiring a disclosure for properties where violent crimes took place.
If you are looking into purchasing or renting an older home, perhaps one that has been boarded up for some time, it would be prudent to check with the local library, newspaper archives or neighbors about its history, its vacancy or whether the home, at one point in time, had ever been used as a hospital, mortuary, orphanage or insane asylum.
So, as the Latin saying goes, “caveat emptor,” which means, “Let the buyer beware.” If you have not done your homework, and buy or rent a home with a hauntingly eerie past, listed below are some of the paranormal signs you might experience.
1. Your children may have imaginary playmates that they never had before.
2. You may hear strange, unexplainable noises.
3. Items may disappear or disappear and reappear.
4. Electronics may not function properly and turn on and off by themselves.
5. Cabinet doors may open without physically opening them and faucets may run without physically turning them on.
6. You may see out of the corner of your eye, a dark figure moving around, which is sometimes referred to as a shadow figure.
7. Unnecessary tension may be noticeable in the household between roommates or family members. Also, the behavior of one or more individuals may drastically change to aggressiveness or anger.
8. Pets may act strangely and sometimes refuse to enter the house or certain rooms.
9. You may see apparitions that flow through walls and doors within the house.
10. Various areas in the house may drastically change in temperature.
Options are available to identify and remove unwanted paranormal activities. Or perhaps these paranormal signs are just what you have been looking for. In other words, some people live with the paranormal, some people run from it and other people clear it out.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT TYPES OF HAUNTINGS, CLICK HERE.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT HOUSE CLEANSING, CLICK HERE.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT EARTHBOUND SPIRITS, CLICK HERE.
TO SHARE THIS POST ON SOCIAL MEDIA,
PLEASE CLICK THE “READ MORE” BUTTON BELOW.
Read More »