?The Celtic Cross tarot spread is probably the most popular spread in use today. It is intended to shed light on many aspects of your life. Due to its popularity over the years, there have been many variations to the layout of the cards in this spread. However, whichever one is used, you just really need to concentrate on the question you put to the cards. The various cards in this spread represent the following about you:
1. The Significator represents you (the querent) and your current state of being.
2. The Crossing denotes that which opposes or influences you.
3. The Foundation addresses the origin of your question.
4. The Recent Past represents past events and concerns.
5. The Crown addresses issues that are significant in the present or may come to pass in the future. This card foretells future events which you may or may not occur, depending upon how you respond to the present situation.
6. The Future depicts that which lies ahead.
7. Emotions signifies the current state of your emotional self.
8. External Forces represents the influence of others in your life as well as trends in your relationships with others.
9. Hopes and Desires stands for the hopes and desires you have for the outcome of your question.
10. The Outcome is the ultimate outcome of your question. Remember, the future is not predetermined. Interpret this card in the context of the entire reading and as an indicator of the path you are currently on, but not bound to the reading.
To receive a FREE tarot reading, visit the Oracle Room.
To return to the Tarot Room, click here.